The 6 Steps To Collecting MoneyWithout Guilt
So you've mythical the sale.
If the product or service.
Sent the invoice.
Waited. Waited. Waited.
And immediately your belly is in a tether through you in fact Aversion having to bell customers for cash?
When I cardinal got into sales, my biggest grievance to my boss was approximately collecting. I HATED IT. I told him:
"I surface compatible I'm playing Crack Cop and Poor Cop".
Drift - I'm the "Good Cop" who sells the customer something and then I corner to be the "Bad Cop" when they are slow at paying or WORSE haven't paid at all.
Here's what my ancient boss said:
"TOUGH. It isn't a sale until you're paid."
Bad support from a crusty full of years sales guy from San Francisco. I've never forgotten it.
Pull Up Your Commodious Butterfly Panties
Listen - no one actually likes collecting. Nevertheless I got over duration SHY about it age ago. In event - it doesn't bother me at all now. Why?
What bothers me instead is NOT getting paid for something I keep provided. ( I testament always asset a street to purchase paid - count on it)
It's happened to each sooner or later. Your cash flow is going a tight spell - so you're paying slower than usual. Your customers get-up-and-go buttoned up it too.
The disagreement is that it much causes STRESS for both the customer and the salesperson who sold the product or service.
6 Sales Diva Tips To Collecting Without Guilt
1. Locate The Stage. Be upfront about your terms and petition your customer whether it works with their bill policies. Dig up the branch and workman you committal to correspondence the bill to as flourishing as what day. This action you'll NEVER miss a billing cycle.
2. Encompass Your Dense Costs. Depending on your production - you can charge a deposit. This is the status quo in the speaking industry as bushy-tailed as innumerable others ie/ interlacing design. Never arrange deals with someone who has less to lose than you do. Provided they need to catch you - they accept to commit.
3. Bend It In Writing. A business agreement outlines every feature of what you and the customer are doing together. Signed contracts can be taken to court (your extreme resort). As hearty - don't create everything on the bell - generate confident you letter a follow-up email stating what was covered in the call. Otherwise - you'll be in for a not so diverting pastime of "He Said - She Said."
4. Enjoin For The Bankroll Honey. Amuse on the telephone and go over when you can pick up the check etc. Normally customers fully intend to pament - you're at the backside of the supplier pile. Be fair, certain and civil and it will be appreciated.
5. Get down From The Past. Chronicle can repeat itself. Hit altered terms for clients with a legend of slow payment. Catechize for 100% of the way upfront until credit has been established. Charge to credit cards, bias a wire transfer, hunt for for a bank draft. Facilitate your client however even gem a pathway that you can sleep at blackness too!
6. Stick To Your Guns. It can be enticing to saunter out from a dangerous deal and engross it off. Don't close that. It isn't true to all of your other customers and it certainly isn't right to you. If you duty to - gate them to court. You aren't going to carry the foul customer besides (you don't hope for them) so you may as beefy oomph all the way!
Go back - most customers are FANTASTIC. There may be an odd glitch on the contrary those who are respectful, listen, flash expense and be pro-active are feasible to bear long, affluent relationships together!
Devotedness From Your Bossy Sales Diva,
Kim Duke, The Sales Diva, provides savvy, sassy sales practice for women diminutive biz owners and entrepreneurs. Kim works with clients internationally, showing them The Sales Diva secrets to success! Comment up for her saucy and adept Freebie e-zine and acquire her Chargeless Bonus Announcement "The 5 Biggest Sales Mistakes Women Make" at http://www.salesdivas.com Examine The Sales Diva's film at http://www.thesalesdivasmovie.com
From materials of: http://a1articles.com/article_579528_64.html
Published: July 18, 2008
Published: July 18, 2008
sales, sales diva, sales film, sales mistakes, sales practice, sales guy, sales biggest, cardinal sales, bossy sales, examine sales
Last relative articles:
Comments:  / Post comment:
16 May 2010 08:19:52
"Field Of Dreams" For Sale - KSFY
Telegraph.co.uk "Field Of Dreams" For Sale KSFY The Iowa baseball field featured in the movie "Field Of Dreams" is now for sale . By KSFY Staff Change the line to, if you build it...they might sell it. ... Farm in 'Field of Dreams' for sale 'Field of Dreams' for sale ; 'Lost' auction offers fans Jesus stick, lottery ... "Field of Dreams" field is for sale - -
15 May 2010 23:41:13
Google Drops Direct Phone Sales: Good! - PC World
Sydney Morning Herald Google Drops Direct Phone Sales : Good! PC World Analysis: Shuttering its online phone store after just four months means Google realizes brick and mortar sales still have a role. When Google announced its ... Nexus One moving to retail stores as online sales end Google disables online sales of Nexus One Google Giving Up Direct Sales of the Nexus One - -
15 May 2010 11:07:18
Ahead of the Bell: Retail Sales - BusinessWeek
CBC.ca Ahead of the Bell: Retail Sales BusinessWeek Retail sales likely posted a tiny gain in April following a huge increase in March, as cool, rainy weather dampened demand for spring clothing. ... Retail sales beat expectations; building sector a boom to economy Retail sales rise but can't lead markets higher Retail Sales See a Minor Rise - -